Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How to deal with repeat offenders?

My host teacher has been trying to complete DRA2s so while she is working with a student she will put me in charge of the class. I am the one to answer questions, redirect students, and supervise.

This is now the second day that I have noticed there are four or five students who constantly have their hands raised. Sometimes the questions are relevent other times they could have figured out the answer themselves.

I asked my host teacher how to deal with those students and she gave me a great idea.

When the students are writing (which is where the repeate offenders have the most questions) give them a sticky note or two and tell t hem they can ask 2 questions. They write the questions down and stick them on their paper. When we conference they can ask those two questions.

This will work nice since I would like to be conferencing with a student while the rest of the class is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment