Friday, September 23, 2011

Have you filled a bucket today?


I don't think I have posted my reflection on rewards yet... but I like this idea of rewards. It's just a random way to say hey you are doing a great job. Keep up the good work.

Last year my second grade teacher did something similar only she had one beach bucket for the entire class. Next to the bucket was a small piece of paper and it said something like, "I'm filling __________'s bucket because __________________!" and there was room to put his/her name at the bottom of the slip. I wish I would have asked her what she did with the slips but for whatever reason I didn't. I'm trying to think how I would do it? Maybe once every two weeks or once a week we could empty out the bucket and give recognition to our friends who got "Diggs" (little slips of paper).

How would I teach them what kind of stuff to put in there? I could model it by saying, "I'm filling Joe's bucket because he held the door for me when he saw I was coming and my hands were full!" It would also be modeling it when we give recognition at the end of the time period.

In our Tuesday night class we talked about how the teacher's daughter felt like she was doing things right all the time but was not getting a note sent home saying what a good job she was doing. I should probably keep a little list so I can check people off that get their bucket filled. That way I can look for good things or guide them to doing the right thing so they can feel appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment