Saturday, October 8, 2011

How late is too late?

I haven't really thought about how I will handle contacting parents.
For example, some teachers tell parents they don't always get a chance to check their emails on the weekends. Some teachers don't reply to emails if it is after they go home for the evening. Some teachers don't call parents back after the student or child goes to bed. Some parents say they'll get back to them within the next 24 or 48 hours. What about texts? And I don't know how I feel about it....


I want parents to know that I welcome them, I care about their children, and I'm hear if they need to talk... but then I need the parents to understand I have a life/family too. I think their defenately needs to be guidlines but... it'll be a fine line.

The email thing will be easy to clear up, because I can't check my school mail on my home computer. But phone calls? I think if they call after their child is in bed it must mean it is private enough that they needed to wait until the child was asleep. But then again... I go to bed early 10 ish...

I don't know maybe I'll figure out more later

No comments:

Post a Comment