Wednesday, October 26, 2011

4th grade guided reading groups

Monday morning I was asked to instruct 2 guided reading groups of students that were reading on level for the next 2 weeks. Having led one guided reading group (and that was simply a running record and assigning the next chapter) I was feeling quite nervous. I didn't feel prepared, but I knew where I wanted to go with my lesson. I've been dying to lead or be a part of an amazing book club like I keep hearing about!
So, of my two reading groups I have one that I feel is on track to discovering something great! The second day we met I started to give them the responsibility of answering the "what's next question" I give them guidance, but I let them do the discussing and only intervene when needed. I'd like to look different, but it isn't my classroom and that is okay. I am just glad I can see that it's feasible! Cause I'm so excited about the possibilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment