Sunday, February 12, 2012

"What we are reading"

http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/search/label/Book%20Whisperer

wanted the kids to be able to visibly see their progress in the classroom as well as in their data notebooks so here was my plan:





I made a What We're Reading board. Each time decides they are committed to a book or a student finishes a book, they get a note card. On the card they put their name, the title of the book, and the author. Then they turn the cards in to me and I punch a hole and put them on a metal ring and hang them on the board on a fat push pin. (now, I realize that there are only 12 hanging there....I have 22 students so........some are slower readers, some have given up on a book, others forgotten....it's a work in progress.)





No comments:

Post a Comment