Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What did we do over break/snow day?

To incorporate our snow days into Language Arts, I had the kids write down three sentences about what they did over the break. The next day, we went back and edited our writing to make sure all of the necessities were there (capital letters, finger spaces, punctuation, etc). Then, we traded papers with our neighbors to do peer editing. On Thursday, after another snow day Wednesday, I had each student draw a picture to match their writing. I glued and laminated each piece and put it together to make a book. It is wonderful! I can't wait for them to see the finished product tomorrow!





Last week I also read the book "The Snowman Storybook". I didn't read the last page (which shows the snowman melted) and I had my class each write what they thought the little boy saw when he went outside the day after he built his snowman. So much fun! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment