Sunday, February 12, 2012

"The Black Book"

http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/search/label/Anchor%20Charts

Make a big deal of this, before you have homework
Scary music!
Make them write in it, not the teacher.
It'll be shared at conferences


I also explained to them that the Black Book will be pulled out and shared during conferences.





I have to say, this is working. I talked this up last week telling them all that it was coming to the classroom soon. Then yesterday, their first night of homework this week, I reminded them that "the Black Book would be in the classroom tomorrow." This morning as students were coming up to my table to turn in homework one boy walked up, there were 2 piles, one for Active Reading Notebooks and the other for their math page. He had his Active Reading Notebook but couldn't find his Math....at one point he put down his backpack and I heard him say to himself "this isn't happening". I cracked up. He found his paper but was worried because the Black Book was there. I do have to add that out of 22 students there are only about 4 that tend to "forget" their homework, so hopefully this will be a way to get them back in the homework ballgame:)

No comments:

Post a Comment